Hello folks, I hope you all had a lovely Christmas? I’m really enjoying a few days off I must admit and I even stayed away from my computer for a couple of days which was a rare treat! Still, back at it now and I’m working on my ‘best books of the year’ post so keep your eyes peeled for that!
This is the first ever blogger award I’ve been tagged in so that’s very exciting. Thank you so much to Pilar over at The Bookworm Shelf for the tag and the fun questions. Just so we’re clear, I got sucked into the internet black hole of personality quizzes while seeing what kind of answers I’d get for some of these questions. It took me an embarrassingly long time to drag myself away from doing ‘just one more quiz’!
• Display the award logo on your blog.
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
• Mention Okoto Enigma, the creator of the award.
• Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
• Answer 5 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
• Nominate 10 – 20 bloggers.
• Notify your nominees by leaving a comment on their blog.
• Ask your nominees 5 questions of your choice, including 1 weird or funny question.
Share the link to your best post.
Three Things About Me:
- I’m a massive animal person. I currently have two cats (I’ve never not had a cat, I just love them) called Ozzy and Ronnie, two massive aquariums, a Bearded Dragon called Dexter (who is a lady dragon btw) and a milk snake called Mara.
- I’m vegetarian and I love food, if there’s something on a menu that I’ve never tried before you can bet your life on me ordering it to find out if I like it.
- The top thing on my lifetime bucket list is to learn to Scuba Dive. My wedding and honeymoon has been postponed to next year and fingers crossed we’re hoping to go somewhere that we can take a little trip to possibly catch sight of/swim with a Whale Shark. How amazing would that be!
Here’s a Picture of Ozzy (black cat) and Ronnie (white cat) chilling on their favourite chair. Another fun fact, they are both named after the lead singers of rock bands.
Questions and Answers
1. What is your Fatal Flaw?
Well I got a different answer on every quiz I did for this ranging from my compassion (as in I’m too nice and likely to get walked all over) or ‘Other’ which means I picked too many random answers that they couldn’t link up to one flaw :’)
In light of this I’ll just tell you what I think my flaw is: Laziness!
I am all for the easy life, and although I am getting better at pushing myself to get going and just work for the things I want, I still have way too many days where I just can’t be bothered and I love a good excuse to put off doing something I’ve been avoiding rather than just getting it over with…like exercise or the shopping. I am always up around 6AM and am 100% a morning person but I do love nothing more than getting ready for the day and then just putting on clean PJ’s and spending the day chilling round the house!
2. What is your worst reading habit?
This was a tough one, I would probably say it’s my inability to DNF a book. I just have to know what happens because what if it gets better? Added to this is also the fact that a lo of hard work has gone into every book on the authors part and I just struggle to justify abandoning it. It means that if I’m not enjoying it a book its a weeks long slog before I get to the end and I end up put off picking up another book for a while. My time is getting a little more precious to me nowadays as I’m coming across more and more books that I’d love to read so I think I need to start being a little more picky in order to make the most of any spare time I have for reading.
Honourable mention also goes to eating while reading which was a close contender. Anyone else’s dinner ever get cold because they’re too lost in a book? Or have you ever dropped your snack on your top because trying to eat/read/turn the page is clearly just too much for your motor functions to handle? Yeah thats me.
3. Who is your godly parent?
…another few quizzes later and this time a conclusive answer! Wahoo! I got Poseidon. I think we can probably guess why this one came up given my obsession with the sea/beaches/nature and him being the god of the sea an all that. Poseidon is also considered to be extremely bad tempered and vengeful…yikes.
4. Share one of the most boring books you have ever read?
Well all old school science textbooks aside I would probably have to say my most boring book I’ve read this year would be Meet Cute Club by Jack Harbon. I know other people have loved this book so my reaction was just personal preference but although the premise and some parts of the story where lovely I just felt like the pacing was completely off for my tastes with nothing significant happening to grab my attention and the characters where a little one dimensional. It needed another 100 pages in order to flesh out the story and the characters for me to have gelled with this book. It took me so long to get through because I refused to put it down knowing that other people love it so much but unfortunately it just fell flat for me.
5. Who is your favourite book villain?
Oooh good question! I am a sucker for a morally grey character, one who makes it very clear exactly the kind of person/creature they are. I think my recent favourite (very recent) would be Luc or The Darkness from Addie LaRue. He just keeps you on your toes as you read the book never knowing which version of him your actually getting as he was nice one minute, all an evil plot the next. I loved the quick fire change in pace as more and more of his intentions where revealed. I also loved the dynamic between him and Addie and the fact that you really just can’t tell what he’s thinking or what angle he’s working even right to the very end.
Another honourable mention here would go to Aiden from Illuminae Files, I love that pesky AI.
My favourite posts by me:
I’ve only been in the blog world for a short time so I don’t have too many posts to choose from but heres a few.
Madeline @the bookish mutant
Kira @Kira Jeanette
Emma @Turn Another Page
No worries if you’ve not got the time to complete the tag or you aren’t interested in this one lovelies, it’s all just a bit of fun 🙂
My questions for them:
- What is your bookish guilty pleasure?
- Who is your favourite supporting character in a book?
- What is your fatal flaw? (you can do a quiz, maybe multiple if you’re like me!)
- Which character would you want to be your best friend?
- What would your superhero name be?
Well that was a fun post to get me back into the swing of posting after Christmas!
See you in the next one,